A midi keyboard is a versatile device that can be used for any type of music you like. Regardless of why you need it (maybe you want to become a professional musician), you will likely need one or two of these units. Our mission is simple. To help you find a cheap midi keyboard that will have all the features you need. Let’s start.
M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3
- Pro Music Production Wherever You Go USB MIDI keyboard controller with slimline...
- Customisable Response Mini keys with selectable velocity curves match any playing...
- Immediate Creativity Simple plug and play connection to your Mac or PC no drivers or...
- Express Yourself Octave up and down buttons for extended keyboard range, Volume knob...
M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 is a cheap midi keyboard that doesn’t look nor feel like one. First and foremost you can have it in 32, 49 and 61 key configuration. Due to the fact the 32-key version is the most affordable, we tested only this one. In essence, the keys are excellent, well-made and velocity sensitive. You get the premium suite included in the package and the unit will work with any PC or Mac without any drivers or additional power supply.
All you have to do is to plug the keyboard to your computer and you are ready to start. The list of adjustments is seriously long. You can change the octave of all the keys almost instantly. Volume knob and sustain key are available as well.
- Great keys
- Versatile adjustments
- No drivers needed
- Suite included
- Issues with older computers
- Sensitive exterior
Novation Launchkey Mini 25-Note USB Keyboard Controller
- Launchkey Mini - the mini keyboard for Ableton Live
- 16 multi-colour backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 8 knobs, dedicated navigation and control buttons
- Software for Mac and PC, Including: Ableton Live Lite, XLN Audio Addictive Keys,...
Novation Launchkey Mini 25-Note USB Keyboard Controller is a portable midi keyboard of the modern generation. You will get the 12 drum pads which are velocity sensitive and you get 25 keys. There are 8 knobs used for all kinds of adjustments. All of this looks that the keyboard is affordable but doesn’t look nor act like one.
The suite which is included comes with 4GB of samples which can be used for boosting your skills and mixing a unique tune. The software is compatible with PC and Mac computers, installing it won’t be an issue. The warranty is 2 year which is standard for a product of this price range.
- Drum pads
- Adjustments available
- Appealing keys
- Software included
- One version only
Nektar IMPACT LX25+
- Premium midi controller with 25 expressive synth-action keys, on-board pitch bend and...
- 8 Hyper-Sensitive backlit pads
- Mac, PC and iOS compatible
- Software instruments automatically mapped to controls
This can be the best cheap midi keyboard for some of you. It has basic features and comes at a very low price. There are 25 keys and 8 drum pads. The unit is compatible with Mac and PC computers and it requires no drivers or complicated set up to run.
One advantage we can see is the compatibility with other Apple devices such as iPhone or iPad. Yes, this keyboard is compatible with iOS. In this case scenario, you may need a bit more time to make it all work, but you will succeed, we guarantee you.
- iOS compatible
- The sensitivity of the keys
- Looks nice
- Poor user manual
- Poor customer support
Midiplus, 32-Key Midi Controller, 32-Key
midiplus, 32-Key Midi Controller, 32-Key is the best budget midi keyboard for those who want overall simplicity but they need all the features from the book. This particular model comes with 32 keys and a modulation knob. You can also use the octave buttons or attach a sustain pedal. It isn’t included in the package as you would expect. The possibilities are truly endless here but we also liked the simplicity. Even an absolute beginner can make tunes that sound great and professional.
This model uses USB type B to connect to a computer. The cable is included in the package. There is a hub version available as well, which is slightly more expensive but looks great and slightly more advanced than this version. In a nutshell, the keyboard will impress you with all the features and possibilities while remaining extremely affordable and easy to use. The only drawback we discovered is the size of mini keys. They are still too small for average musicians.
- Very easy to use
- Modulation dial is a nice addition
- Keys feel nice and response is great
- Easy to set up
- Mini keys are smaller than usual
- The USB cable that is included is extremely sensitive and fragile
Alesis V25 | 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with Backlit Pads
- MIDI Keyboard with 25 full sized, velocity sensitive square front keys, perfect for...
- 8 velocity and pressure sensitive back lit pads for beat production and clip...
- 4 assignable knobs and 4 assignable buttons interface with your music software....
- Octave Up and Down buttons let you access the full keyboard range and Pitch and...
At first sight, you can see that this model looks stunning and it is bigger than usual. This is a version with full-size keys but another one with mini keys is available as well. The features are the same. You get 6 drum pads which are backlit and which looks excellent. There are 4 dials implemented and 4 additional keys you can use for all sorts of things. Octave up and down is supported feature as well. All we can add at the moment is that the keyboard has basic and slightly more advanced features and it is available in literally any version you may need at some point.
The model we tested had 25 keys. As you would expect, you can get a version with 49 or 61 key. They have the same design and the main difference is obvious. All of them come with high-end software which should help you produce any music you like. The software will even work with older versions of the model and with newer ones. Don’t forget that the keyboard is made from strong plastics and it can last for a long period of time.
- The design is above average
- Buttons and keys feel solid and durable
- Available in all kinds of versions
- Easy to connect and use
- Drum pad sensitivity
- Additional keys are hard to operate
In the end, all we can say is that the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 is a cheap midi keyboard we highly recommend. It is well-made, strong and durable, but also offers an excellent suite and countless adjustments possible. You will have a great time using this model and you will probably be satisfied with it for a long period of time. The bottom fact is the best score in the class with 5 out of 5 stars.
Last update on 2020-02-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API